During the full consultation we will cover all of body systems, family history, current eating habits and any medication you are taking to get a clear picture of your health, from this information a personal nutrition plan will be created.
During your follow up appointment you will be provided with a printed nutrition plan that will include lifestyle and nutrition advice, a meal planner and plenty of recipes along with information on any supplements you may need.
Ellen will go through your nutrition plan in detail and answer any questions you may have.
Allow an hour for each appointment.
Food intolerance testing
Figures released by Allergy UK, a charity set up to help the millions of people who suffer from food sensitivity, estimate that 45 per of the country’s population is affected by the condition.
“There’s been a 10 fold increase in people with food intolerances in the UK in the last 25 years
– Some signs of food intolerance or gut bacteria imbalance include
Bloating, Migraines, Headaches, Cough, Runny nose,Fatigue,Stomach ache and nausea.
By testing the stool this allows us to get a better picture of whats going on inside so we can start to heal you from within.
Stool sample testing
To include a consultation, a stool sample kit and then follow up with results and nutrition plan.
Tests include :
- intestinal candida and other fungi (a full screen for all yeasts and moulds)
- pH of the stool (included in the fungal screening)
- intestinal parasites
- bacteria in different materials
- resistance tests for pathogenic bacteria
- bacteria which cause acute diarrhoea
- complete status of intestinal colonization (bacteria + fungi)
- pancreatic function test
- leaky gut (alpha-1-antitrypsin )
- intestinal inflammation (Calprotectin)
- intestinal immune system (sIgA)
- celiac disease
- Gliadin sensitivity marker
- EPX gut allergy marker/IBD therapy success marker
- skin and nail fungi
- Helicobacter pylori
- intestinal bleeding
- colo-rectal tumour markers
- lactose intolerance
…..and much more
- Complete status of Intestinal colon including candida and other fungi (a full screen for all yeasts and moulds and bacteria’s) £125
- Coeliac disease £110
- Lactose intolerance £110
- Hair analysis test (All food groups tested to show any sensitivities) £69
If you want to eat healthily but dont have time then let us do the hard work for you.
A range of healthy meals using recipes written by nutritionist Ellen Picton and prepared by our in house chef using local produce where possible.
All meals are naturally gluten free and include
Soups, Curries, casseroles and oven ready tray bakes.
The menu is changed weekly and fresh meals are available to collect on Monday between 9 – 6pm.
Example menu includes
Stuffed chilli beef peppers (Can be made without cheese)
Two red pepper halves filled with chilli beef and topped with cheddar.
Capestone organic chicken passanda
A mild chicken curry made with a spiced yogurt sauce served with roast cauliflower and broccoli.
Stuffed pizza aubergine – (Can be made without cheese)
Half a roasted aubergine stuffed with tomato purée, onion, bacon, herbs and cheese.
Pure meat pork sausages in a herby tomato sauce with red wine and peppers, carrots and courgettes.
Goats cheese and roasted red pepper crust less quiche
Protection rick and perfect for lunch, just add salad!